Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Blog's ideas and aims

Hello and welcome to MagicSecretsReveal.

Before I get started, allow me to explain to you my ideas and aims for this blog.

I asked myself what exactly am I interested in, what do I want to know, and how 'knowing' is going to benefit me or the people around me. I got to thinking and I came up with this blog.

I have always been fascinated with magic and illusion since young. I am sure many of us are. Its entertaining, its fun and its exciting. Yet, we never could get enough of it and we always want to know how it works. Its the not-knowing-how-it-works part that is killing us!

With that idea, I thought why not set up a blog to try to reveal some of the secrets of magic. In other words, I hope to provide some information on how magic and trick works. Magic comes in different degrees and while it may be difficult to learn the more complicated and higher-level ones, there are plenty of simple ones to start with that even a layman could use to entertain his family and friends.

This blog, however, is not about trampling over or undermining the work of professional magicians. I respect their work and being a closely knitted group that they are, it is probably impossible to unveil their deep-seated secrets anyway. Still, that shouldn't deprive us from learning some of the tricks of the trade.

While the blog title and description expresses my ultimate aim, it should not be narrowly defined. This blog would also include other aspects of magic such as informative stories, magic video clips and pictures, articles about magicians and their trade, reviews, magic tips and much more.

So, in blogging this blog, these are what I hope to achieve:

  1. To understand, to a certain degree, how magic is done. Magic is after all a trick involving the sciences that has been learned and mastered. As such, if we know our science and math well, it is possible to learn and know.
  2. To provide a one-stop point for readers with useful information on cool tricks that they can use to impress their family, friends, colleagues and loved ones. It should NOT, however, be used to make an income or earn a quick buck.
  3. To update readers on news about the world of magic as I believe people know very little about the lives of magicians, their art and its evolution.
  4. To introduce magic to a wider population in the hope that it can be used as a good cause to light up the hearts of the sick, the poor, the disabled and the young.
  5. In the long run, it is hoped that this blog will serve as a community of sharers and contribute to a better understanding of the world of magic.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails